Task 1: Social Media Campaign
Part of cultural competency is advocating for sensitive patient populations with
regard to health issues or needed improvements in the community. A big part of
advocacy is creating effective stories from your community and understanding how to
broadcast your message. In our society today, social media is a powerful leveraging
tool to get a story out, build support, and demonstrate advocacy.
In this task, you will research a community health concern and provide data to
support your findings. In addition, you will create a social media campaign to convey
a health message to the target population.
A. Submit a completed Community Health Clinical Time Log form.
B. Write a problem description, including all of the following information about the
community where you performed your field work:
? the primary prevention topic
? target population (i.e., those affected by the health concern)
? population size
? geographical area (e.g., county, city, town)
? area size
? physical and social environment
C. Explain how the health concern is linked to a health inequity or health disparity
within the target population.
1. Identify specific data to support the health inequity or disparity conclusion.
2. Discuss the primary community and prevention resources currently in place to
address the health concern.
3. Discuss the underlying causes of the health concern.
D. Discuss the evidence-based practice associated with the selected primary
1. Identify data about the selected primary prevention topic from the local
(county), state, and/or national level.
E. Develop a community health nursing social media campaign strategy that will
convey your health message and address the primary prevention topic by doing
1. Describe your social media campaign objective.
2. Recommend two population-focused social marketing interventions to improve
the health message related to your chosen primary prevention topic.
a. Discuss the rationale for your recommendations.
3. Identify the appropriate social media platforms you will use to communicate
with the target population.
a. Discuss the benefits of each chosen social media platform in supporting
F. Discuss how the target population will benefit from your health message.
G. Describe best practices for implementing social media tools for health marketing.
H. Create a social media campaign implementation plan by doing the following:
1. Identify stakeholder roles and responsibilities in implementing the plan.
2. Discuss potential public and private partnerships that could be formed to aid in
the implementation of your campaign.
3. Create a specific timeline for implementing your campaign.
4. Explain how you will evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign.
a. Identify the measurable tools necessary to evaluate the campaign.
5. Discuss the costs of implementing your campaign.
I. Reflect on how social media marketing supports the community health nurses
efforts to promote healthier populations.
1. Reflect on how your social media campaign could apply to your future nursing
J. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is
Task 1: Social Media Campaign