Use the Web Folio Builder in TaskStream to create your professional portfolio. (The Web Folio Builder is located in the Folios & Web Pages link located in the static bar below the TaskStream logo. Follow the on-screen instructions to create your portfolio. For more information on how to create your portfolio using the Web Folio Builder in TaskStream, see the Building Your Portfolio web link.) Your portfolio should include the following minimum requirements, as well as any other documents you choose to include:
A. Table of Contents
1. Include a table of contents that provides a brief description of each portfolio component.
B. Professional Summary
1. Include an updated professional resume.
2. Include an executive summary in which you do the following (suggested length of 3-4 pages):
a. Explain how the artifacts in your portfolio represent you as a learner and a healthcare professional.
b. Discuss how your portfolio represents your professional strengths.
c. Discuss any challenges you encountered during the progression of your program.
i. Explain how you overcame these challenges.
d. Explain how your coursework helped you meet each of the nine nursing program outcomes.
e. Analyze how you fulfilled the following roles during your program:
iii. manager of the healing environment
f. Discuss how your skills and knowledge have evolved or progressed in terms of personal growth and learning.
3. Provide a completed copy of the attached Professional Reference Questionnaire.
C. Quality and Safety
1. Discuss the importance of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) certificate for your future role as a professional nurse.
2. Include a copy of your IHI certificate of completion.
D. Evidence-Based Practice
1. Include a summary of your Evidence-Based Practice and Applied Nursing Research course (suggested length of 1 page) in which you do the following:
a. Discuss how you are able to evaluate current primary research and apply the concepts to your nursing practice. Include the following in your discussion:
relevancy and believability of data
differences between quality improvement and research (places and uses of each)
differences between primary and secondary research and resources and the implications of each in clinical practice
b. Reflect on how your experience in this course helped you achieve excellence in evidence-based practice.
Note: 95% of employers rate WGU nursing graduates as very good or excellent in evidence-based practice (Western Governors University, 2012).
E. Applied Leadership
1. Include an abstract of your Learning Leadership Experience task (suggested length of one paragraph to one page) in which you do the following:
a. Discuss the importance of professional collaboration for effective nursing leadership.
2. Include an abstract of your Professional Roles and Values course (suggested length of one paragraph to one page) in which you do the following:
a. Reflect on how your professional mission statement will help guide you throughout your nursing career.
F. Community and Population Health
1. Include an abstract of your Community and Population Health task (suggested length of 1 page) in which you do the following:
a. Summarize what you learned during your Community Health Nursing task.
b. Discuss how what you learned led to your community diagnosis.
c. Discuss how your initial focus and diagnosis evolved after working with your population.
2. Discuss the importance of the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) certificate for your future role as a professional nurse.
3. Include a copy of your AMNH certificate of completion.
1. Include a sample of your prior work that illustrates your knowledge and understanding of evidence-based practice concepts. Select one of the options below for your sample.
EvidenceBased Practice task 1
EvidenceBased Practice task 2
EvidenceBased Practice task 3
Organizational Systems task 2
2. Include a sample of your prior work that illustrates your knowledge and understanding of community health nursing practice concepts. Select one of the options below for your sample.
Community Health Nursing didactic task 1
Community Health Nursing didactic task 2
Community Health Nursing didactic task 3
Community Health Nursing didactic task 4
Community Health Nursing field experience task 1
You may also want to include the following optional materials in your appendix:
the attached Nursing Conceptual Model and Nursing Outcomes
a link to the current IHI Course Catalog
3. Include the sample of your prior work that illustrates your knowledge and understanding of leadership nursing practice concepts. Select the option below for your sample.
Leadership Learning Experience task
H. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.
Note: This reference list refers only to direct citations in the project above and may be different from those you need to complete the project